Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Valentine Tribute

      This is a card given by my dad to my mom when they were not yet married. Though it is just a card which was bought probably from a bookstore, I think that my dad bought this because it perfectly expressed his feelings to my mom. AT THAT TIME, CARDS WERE EXPENSIVE :) Those enclosed in brackets are my thoughts :)

The front cover:

Happy Birthday to the One I Love

A Collection of Thoughts


Back part of the front cover:

You're everything to me
Someone I can count on,
Someone I believe in,
Someone I love with all my heart.

First Page:

Everdearest Sweetheart,,, [my dad personally wrote this and he even did an effort to make his handwriting look romantic <3]
Today is a special day,
my love - 
a day of wishing you
the best of birthdays,
filled with everything
that makes you smile!

It's a day to thank you
for being you, 
and for being mine,
it's a day to tell you
how very much I love you,
not only for what you are,
but for what I am 
when I am with you.

[That was really sweet dad :) hehehe PICK UP LINES MORE FUN IN THE OLD FASHIONED WAY.]

Second Page:

YOU'RE MY EVERYTHING

What did I ever do?
What did I ever think about?
What did I ever feel
before there was you?

I can hardly remember
me without you,
and I'll never be the same again
because there is you
Third page (continuation):              
You are my yesterdays, todays,
and my tomorrows,
my thoughts 
and my dreams,
my hopes
and my plans,
because you are my love.

Fourth Page:

YOUR BIRTHDAY IS SPECIAL TO ME

I'm glad it's your birthday,
because even though 
I may not say "I love you,
special days like this remind me
of how very much you mean to me
and how much I do love you.
I'm glad it's your birthday,
because no one else
makes loving and being loved
as terrific as you do!

Fifth Page:

WHEN I THINK OF YOU

Did you ever read a poem
that moved you deep down inside?
Did you ever hear a song
that made even cloudy days
seem filled 
with a warm, new feeling?

Then you have some idea
of how I feel
when my thoughts turn
to you.

Sixth Page: 

WHAT YOU MEAN TO ME

It's time 
I put into words
the things
I just assume you know
because I feel
you must know -
things I don't want someday
to regret not saying...
Seventh Page (continuation):   
You mean so much to me
in so many wonderful ways, 
and you're an important
part of my life
enriching the days so much
by giving me
so much happiness,
just by being who you are
and by sharing
who you are with me.

[All of these are really so romantic!! I wonder how my mom feels when she received this :)]

Eighth Page: 

REFLECTIONS OF YOU

Whenever I need a reminder
of all the things
I should value in myself,
you are there
to help me see them.

You are my mirror,
and for every reflection
that you have made clearer,
I say, I love you -
words that reflect
the feelings of my heart.

Ninth Page: [This card looks like it summarized the love story of my mom and dad]

GROWING IN LOVE

I used to wonder 
when I fell in love with you,
and I could never really
pin it down to a day
or an hour
or even a moment.
I've learned since then
that I never really
fell in love with you at all -
we met, we talked, we shared, 
and then,
we grew in love.
And the nicest part of it all
is that we always will.

[Soooo CHEESY :")]

Tenth Page: [An example of FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE]

LIGHT A CANDLE

If you lit a candle
for every reason I love you,
the brightness and warmth
would fill a room,
the way thoughts of you
fill the room...
Eleventh Page (continuation):
Light a candle, then,
for your friendly manner,
for the way you have
of making me feel easy and comfortable
whenever you're near.
Light a candle, too,
for your eyes
as they sparkle with delight
or deepen with concern.

Light a candle
for your interests,
for the satisfaction they give you
and the knowledge they bring me.
Light a candle
for the way you talk,
the way you look,
for the way I feel when I'm with you,
and the way I feel when we're apart.
For all the reasons I love you,
light a candle.

Twelfth Page: 

YOU'RE THE ONE

You're the one who makes 
hopes worth sharing,
dreams worth daring,
risks worth taking,
plans worth making,
live worth living...
love worth giving.
 [This fits to be the FINALE!]
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Lower right portion of the twelfth page:

LOVE AND CARE,,,
(my dad's signature over his printed name)


The back of the back cover : [I do not know what this is called anyway... By the way, this part of the card was written by my dad.]

SWEETHEART,,,

ALL 
WANT
YOU
TO 
KNOW 
THAT,,, 

I
LOVE
YOU 
SO

<3 FOREVER <3
TILL DEATH.

Lower right portion:

LOVE,,,
Husband to be
(signature of my dad)

[Aww... How sweet! This last part was handwritten by my dad. There were even hearts drawn on the "FOREVER" part.]

I LOVE YOU MAMA AND PAPA! HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! :)










No comments:

Post a Comment